Massage Therapy for your Health
Massage therapy has been increasing in popularity in recent years due to its significant health benefits, reduction of stress, and general state of relaxation that it promotes. Many insurance companies have started to cover massage treatments, which is another excellent reason to take advantage of these benefits! When the body is tense and under stress, it can be detrimental to one’s health by increasing levels of cortisol in the body. Increased cortisol can contribute to digestive problems, headaches, weight gain, insomnia, and other undesirable effects. Book in to to Rapunzels Canmore Spa for a massage and discover the benefits of massage therapy first hand!
1. Relaxation! – A massage in Canmore is the perfect way to unwind and relax your body! Not only do the scenic mountains help to soothe the soul, but massage therapy has been shown to decrease cortisol levels in the body allowing it to begin recovering. This relaxation will help with reduced stress, better sleep, and a general increased feeling of wellness!
2. Improved circulation –Massage has a variety of long term benefits as well as short term. Receiving massage regularly can improve circulation which brings damaged muscles the rich blood supply they require to promote healing. Pressure from a massage therapists hands helps to move blood through congested areas of the body and increase blood flow to these tissues while removing lactic acid buildup. This can help to lower blood pressure levels and increase overall body function.
3. Stress Reduction –Massage is amazing for stress reduction, especially when experienced in the beautiful mountains of Canmore! Stress relief can helps with the daily pressures of everyday life, reduces pain and stimulates energy levels. We could all use a little less stress in our lives!
4. Strengthening of the Immune System –Massage sessions help reduce stress, and high stress levels make the body more vulnerable to illness, injury and disease. High levels of stress, poor sleep patterns, and poor nutrition directly impact the bodies immune system and ability to fight disease. Massage can also boost the immune system’s cytotoxic capacity and enhances the body’s ability to stay healthy and avoid injury.
5. Increased Flexibility – Increased flexibility helps us as we age, and keeps stress out of the key joints that keep us mobile. Massage helps flexibility by working on the muscles, connective tissues, tendons and ligaments to allow muscles fibers to flex and keep our bodies limber.
At Rapunzels Salon & Spa in Canmore we offer:
These are just a few of the many benefits offered by massage! Come visit our spa in Canmore for one of the many types of massages we offer!